To participate in Painting of the Year 2021 and to send in your best painting(s), you first need to register. There are hardly any restrictions for participating in the competition. Read more here.
The registration closes on October 1st.
Participation in Painting of the Year 2021 costs € 19.95 for the first painting, € 16.95 for the second, € 15.95 for the third and € 14.95 for every following painting. This is a contribution to the costs of, among other things, the organization, administration and website.
Moreover, each participant receives:
- publicity for your work(s) for the duration of the competition on the website and social media;
- a certificate as proof of participation.
- € 15,- discount on participation in the World Art Week (www.worldartweek.com).
In addition, every participant has a chance to participate in at least one (sales) exhibition and can win the grand prize of € 2021!
For a complete overview, see Prizes.
Furthermore, each participant can:
- request a jury report about his/her painting(s) done by a professional art teacher for only € 9.75;
- enter his work for a special sales exhibition at the EuropArtFair 2022 (Sep 30 - Oct 2) in Amsterdam for only € 124.50*.
Keep an eye on the News page for all recent developments.
* This includes one spot. You pay NO commission upon sales. Your painting has a maximum width of 100 cm and hight of 2,5 m (including frame). For larger paintings an additional € 75 (incl. VAT) per meter will be charged later on.
How could Painting of the year NOT use the Color for the year for it's website?